We are looking for a finance manager to manage, with a high level of autonomy, our books on a day to day basis, ensure financial control, analysis and reporting and build and maintain budgets.
Full time position
Eurogroup for Animals is Europe’s leading pan-European animal advocacy organisation, federating 67 national and international members. Our vision is to create a Europe where the well-being of all animals is assured, and where they experience a good life. Utilizing excellent EU public affairs skills, we work to improve the well-being of as many animals as possible and defend the interests of the billions of animals kept in laboratories, farms and homes or living in the wild. We do this by achieving better legislation, standards, enforcement and societal attitudes, through a united community of animal protection organisations.
We are looking for an finance manager to manage, with a high level of autonomy, our books on a day to day basis, ensure financial control, analysis and reporting and build and maintain budgets.
- Books all income and expenditure in accounting software both legally and analytically
- Performs payments
- Manages a tight financial control process
- Corresponds with vendors, customers and local institutions and respond to inquiries
- Performs monthly bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Tracks expenditure and income against the budget and reports on variance
- Generates monthly legal and analytical management accounts and quarterly Board reports, optimises analysis and reporting including trend analysis and financial scenario planning;
- Enables time registration and tracks staff hours to ensure project control and swift adjustments in case of over/underspend
- With the help of colleagues, lead the elaboration of the annual and project budgets
- Closes the accounts annually and produces and files the organisation’s annual accounts (profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow statement) with the help of our external accountant
- Manages the annual audit process, coordinates Eurogroup’s input and liaises with the auditors throughout the year
- Explores and suggests tools and systems to optimize analysis and reporting as well as integration with other Eurogroup control/management systems such as CRM and time- or project management
- maintain an up-to-date financial risk log
- Presents the quarterly financial updates to the Board to help them understand the financial position of Eurogroup
- Perform other occasional financial administrative tasks as required.
- Relevant financial educational background in Belgium Bookkeeper A1 level bachelor/graduate; sound understanding of HR matters relevant to an NGO would be an advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Good spoken and written English and good knowledge of Dutch or French
- Proven experience of legal and project budgeting, financial reporting and auditing in Belgium (at least 3 years experience).
- Previous experience with analytical accountant a plus.
- Proactive and independent
- Result focused
- with a strong sense for detail while able to grasp and analyze the bigger picture
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating your skills and the approach that you would bring to the post along with your curriculum vitae, both in English, by email to email@example.com . Please also state your remuneration requirements in strictest confidence. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Contract: Full time (38 hours)
- Location: Brussels, Belgium
- Reports to: Reineke Hameleers, CEO
- Salary: Competitive for level of position.
Deadline for applications: 15 February 2020. Note that we will review applications as we receive them and close the post once we have found our new colleague.